The annual William L. Winston Award is scheduled for Tuesday, November 15, 2022, at the Washington Golf and Country Club. The award is granted to a member of the community by the Board of Directors for the Arlington County Bar Foundation to honor long standing public service, the promotion of democratic ideals and the advancement of the Rule of Law.
This year, the Board selected William G. Murray as the recipient of the William L. Winston Award. Bill has been in private practice in Northern Virginia since 1973. He is a principal with Manning, Murray, Barnett & Baxter, P.C. in Arlington. He was appointed to serve as the Commissioner of Accounts for the 17th Judicial Circuit by the Arlington County Circuit Court in 1989.
Bill is a recipient of the Arlington Bar Association’s Distinguished Service Award. During his lifetime, he has served in the following leadership roles:
• President of the Arlington Bar Association
• Chair of the Virginia State Bar Ethics Committee
• Member of the Executive Committee of the Virginia State Bar
• Chair of the Judicial Council of the Virginia’s Standing Committee on Commissioners of Accounts
• Chair of the Arlington Sports Committee
• Board member of Arlington Senior Babe Ruth Baseball
• Board Member of the Arlington Sports Foundation
• President of the Better Sports Club of Arlington
The award will be presented on Tuesday, November 15, 2022, at a luncheon at the Washington Golf and Country Club.
For additional information please contact Mark Cummings, Chair of the Winston Award Committee for the Arlington County Bar Foundation at 703-850-5703.
Publish your press release for FREE on ARLnow here.