Eclectic Mix of Original Art – 150 Leading Local & National Artists – Live Music – Free Art Giveaway
WHAT: The 2nd Annual Arlington Festival of the Arts
WHEN: September 20 – 21, Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
WHERE: Highland Street in the Clarendon District of Arlington, Virginia
Navigational Address: 1101 N. Highland Street, Arlington, VA, 22201
WHY: To Support the Arts, The Clarendon Alliance, and the Local Community
ADMISSION: Free and open to the public
CONTACT INFORMATION: [email protected] or 561-746-6615
To request interviews with participating artists and high resolution images of their work, please contact AnaBelle Ramos at [email protected] .
Arlington, Virginia (September 15, 2014) – The Arlington Festival of the Arts returns to Clarendon this weekend, September 20 & 21, 2014, on the heels of the renowned Alexandria King Street Art Festival. This two-day juried outdoor event is produced by festival promoter Howard Alan Events and hosted by the Clarendon Alliance with presenting sponsor Lincoln Motor Company. Admission is free and open to the public.
Eclectic displays of original handcrafted art with broad appeal and prices set to suit all budgets will transform the area into an outdoor art gallery. The festival will take place along Washington Boulevard, Clarendon Boulevard and North Highland Street. The event will feature many local, regional and national artists who will be present for the duration of the show. Art enthusiasts are encouraged to engage the artists as they stroll through the vast array of unique art exploring the many different media and styles.
“This is a vibrant city with vast cultural appeal,” says festival promoter Howard Alan. “This dynamic community has a great appreciation for the arts and our high-end art show.”
A free art giveaway will feature the work of exhibiting artist Belisario Manrique. He often experiments with his techniques utilizing a number of different tools and media while seeking to engage others through his palette. The giveaway prize, a 24″x 24″ acrylic painting on a wood panel titled “Blooms” and valued at $525.00, will be on display in his booth where registration will also take place. There will be no purchase or fee required to participate in this giveaway and the winner will be announced during the final hour of the art show. To learn more about this talented artist and his work go to www.belisariosart.com.
Festival Patrons are invited to visit THE LINCOLN MOTOR COMPANY display during the festival to experience the Active Park Assist feature on the first-ever MKC. Participants will receive complimentary gift cards for art purchases. Also, each day, at the Lincoln Motor Company vehicle display, one lucky participant will have the chance to win a limited edition “Hello” Cheryl Summers art piece. To learn more about this artist go to www.artistcherylsummers.com.
• The 2nd Annual Arlington Festival of the Arts
• September 20 & 21, Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
• Highland Street in the Clarendon District of Arlington, Virginia
• Navigational Address: 1101 N. Highland Street, Arlington, VA, 22201
• Free Admission
• Produced by Howard Alan Events & Hosted by the Clarendon Alliance
• Presenting Sponsor – Lincoln Motor Company
• Juried outdoor art showcase
• Original Art Handmade in America
• 150 artists from 30 different states
• Prices set to suit all budgets – ranging from as little as $25 to $30,000
• Artists are hand-selected by an independent panel of expert judges from hundreds of applicants
• All artists are on site for duration of festival
• Vast array of artistic media including paintings, sculptures, photography, ceramics, glass, wood, handmade jewelry, collage, mixed media
• Free Art Giveaway – featuring the work of participating artist Manrique Belisario
For additional information on The 2nd Annual Arlington Festival of the Arts and other Howard Alan Events art and craft shows across the country, visit www.artfestival.com or call 561-746-6615.