Arlington, Va. – March 26, 2018 – DRILLS Practice is a new way to work out, integrating football-based strength and conditioning exercises, with traditional flag football drills. Experienced coaches incorporate route runs, coverage, footwork, and speed and agility drills, to improve your fitness and athleticism.
This program is perfect for those looking for a new, intense, non-traditional workout, and for those in recreational flag football leagues looking to improve their game. There will be a trial practice on April 7, with the men’s 9-week program beginning later that month. Go to www.drills-practice.com for more info.
PRACTICES: DRILLS Practice is a unique, full body, sports-based workout, where experienced football coaches conduct football-based strength, conditioning and skill-building techniques to improve your overall fitness, while also building your athleticism.
Workouts include cone drills, hurdles, agility ladders, route runs, footwork, coverage, one-on-ones, a scrimmage, etc.
The program includes a “combine” assessment of your 40-yard dash, 20-yard shuttle, 3-cone drill and more, to test and measure performance and progress.
The program is ideal for adults who:
- Are looking for a new, fun and intense non-traditional workout to improve their fitness and athleticism in a sports-based environment;
- Play in flag football rec leagues and want to be coached to improve their technical skills; or
- Previously played football in high school or college and miss being back on a football field.
- DRILLS Practice is for all levels and abilities, and uses flags (non-tackle and non-contact).
- PROGRAM DETAILS:
- Registration is officially open for the Spring Men’s Program, in partnership with Arlington County Parks and Recreation.
- The workouts will be held on Sundays at Wakefield football stadium in Arlington, VA from April 22 – June 24th, 2018 (skipping Memorial Day weekend).
- The program registration fee is $199 and includes a free performance T-shirt and local discounts.
- Co-ed programs to follow.
About DRILLS Practice:
DRILLS Practice was founded by Danielle Chelminsky, and was created as an alternative workout for people to cross train and work on their fitness and athleticism in a fun, sports-based environment. DRILLS Practice was recently featured on FOX Sports Radio, Listen in with KKN, which Chelminsky won the “Do Good” Sports Person of the Week Award.