Summary of Impacts
- Beginning on or about Thursday, October 1, portions of the Terminal B/C Ticketing (upper-level) roadway will close for work related to Project Journey.
- At least two vehicular lanes will remain open as the construction areas periodically change.
- Curbside access at Terminal B/C will be reduced in some locations.
- The work zone will be in place 24/7 for several weeks.
Advice to Drivers
- Closely follow signage and directions through the work zone.
- To avoid potential congestion at terminals, use Terminal Garages A, B or C to drop-off or pick-up passengers. Parking is free for up to 60 minutes in all Terminal Garages.
- Tune radios to 1640 AM while on-airport for roadway and terminal-specific information.
- Obey the 15 mile-per-hour work zone speed limit.
- Approaching the work zone, drivers will merge lanes and follow detour signage.
- Drop-off and pick-up areas will be limited by lane reductions at Terminal B/C, which serves the following airlines: Alaska, American, Delta, JetBlue, United. Access to the terminal is available through any open doorway.
- The Terminal B/C airport shuttle bus pick-up and drop-off location will shift during some phases of the project. Follow signage on the curb.
- The traffic pattern at Terminal A (Air Canada, Frontier, Southwest) will remain unchanged during the road work.
- Lane reductions may produce congestion during peak travel times. Using Terminal Garages for pick-up and drop-off will avoid this congestion.
- The Terminal B/C Arrivals (lower-level) roadway remains closed for all pick-ups except taxis. Private vehicle, ride-app and shuttle pick-up is located on the Ticketing (upper) level.
- Behind cones and barricades, roadway maintenance will take place in the vicinity of two New Security Checkpoints.
- Follow @Reagan_Airport on Twitter for the latest project updates.
- The work will begin on or about Thursday, October 1.
- The lane closures will be in effect 24/7, in phases, for several weeks.
About Project Journey
When Project Journey is completed, two new 50,000-square-foot buildings with security checkpoints will replace three smaller checkpoints currently serving Terminal B/C – increasing the post-security space to include all of National Hall and its premier shops and restaurants for ticketed travelers. In addition, a new 14-gate concourse will replace Gate 35X – ending the need for travelers to ride buses to board regional jets parked outside. Concourse amenities will include jetbridges, holdrooms, concessions and an American Airlines Admirals Club lounge.