It’s getting to be that time when some people look past Christmas and start firming up plans for New Year’s Eve. A number of venues will be raising ticket prices after this week, so it’s a good time to take action.
Here are some of the larger or unique New Year’s Eve events happening around Arlington. This list is by no means exhaustive, but provides some interesting options from places that have already announced their celebrations.
1. Hyatt Regency Crystal City — Professionals in the City is hosting its annual “Passport to the World Gala” at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City (2799 Jefferson Davis Hwy). In addition to food, drinks and a DJ, the event has entertainment featuring various cultures around the world. Some highlights include the Japanese karaoke room, Red Light District adult-content comedians, Caribbean steel drums and Bollywood Hills Underground Club.
The $99 ticket option allows entry at 10:30 p.m. and includes six drink tickets. The $139 ticket option allows entry at 9:00 p.m. and includes eight drink tickets. Prices will increase after Friday, December 9.
2. Signature Theatre — Guests can take in the 8:00 p.m. performance of “Hairspray” at the Signature Theater (4200 Campbell Ave) and then stay for a countdown to the new year with the cast of the musical.
Tickets are $100 ($75 for Signature Theatre members) and include two drinks, hors d’oeuvres, a champagne toast and dancing to music from a DJ.
3. Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse — Ring in the new year at the Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse (2903 Columbia Pike) with a 1980s themed bash. Watch New York City’s Times Square celebration live on the big screen while dancing to ’80s tunes from a DJ.
Tickets are $15 and include admission and party favors.
4. Northside Social – The folks at Northside Social (3211 Wilson Blvd) are doing things a little differently for New Year’s Eve. According to their Facebook page, they’re auctioning off the use of the facilities to the highest bidder. The winner gets to throw their own party, fully customized by Northside Social.
Contact Sean Lowder at 804-305-0402 or email [email protected] for more information or to place a bid.
5. Arlington Rooftop Bar & Grill – In Courthouse, Arlington Rooftop Bar & Grill (2424 Wilson Blvd) touts a dinner and dessert buffet, midnight champagne toast, music and party favors. They also offer party-goers the option to watch bowl games and the New York City ball drop on the 50 flat screens.
Tickets are $40 in advance and $55 at the door.
6. Clarendon Ballroom — The annual New Year’s Eve Gala at Clarendon Ballroom (3185 Wilson Blvd) will feature entertainment from cover band Liquid A and DJ Flex.
Tickets are currently $65, but will increase, and include a dinner buffet and four drink tickets.
7. Gulf Branch Nature Center — The whole family can attend the New Year’s Eve Stroll and Campfire at Gulf Branch Nature Center (3608 Military Rd). Attendees can explore the park then toss resolutions into the “wishing campfire.”
Registration is required, and costs $5.
Flickr photo by Dave Hunt