At National Night Out, neighbors take a stand against crime in their communities. They strengthen relationships with each other and the police officers who patrol the neighborhoods. The event is held across the country on the first Tuesday in August and is celebrating its 30th anniversary.
Arlington has events planned for the occasion at the following six locations:
- Arlington Forest Ice Cream Social — 200 block of N. Galveston Street, 7:30 p.m.–TBD
- Barcroft Community House — 800 S. Buchanan Street, 6:30–8:00 p.m.
- Fairlington Community Center — 3005 S. Abingdon Street, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Nauck Neighborhood at Drew Model Elementary School — 3500 S. 23rd Street, 6:30–8:00 p.m.
- Park Glen Condominium Courtyard — 800 block of S. Arlington Mill Drive, 6:30–8:00 p.m.
- Columbia Knoll Condominiums at Greenbriar Baptist Church — 5401 S. 7th Road, 6:30–8:00 p.m.
Police officers will be on hand at each of the locations to chat with neighbors and to answer questions about current crime trends. They can also answer questions about general safety and offer neighborhood-specific suggestions for staying safe.
Everyone is welcome to attend the family friendly festivities.