“While complex and politically difficult, I think everyone on Capitol Hill knows in their heart of hearts that health reform is in the best interests of the people back at home and of the nation as a whole,” Moran said.
Moran’s office outlined the benefits it expects his congressional district, which includes Arlington, will receive as a result of health care reform:
- 493,000 people will see improvements in their current health care coverage.
- 8,700 people who can’t buy health insurance now because of a pre-existing condition will be able to obtain coverage.
- 101,000 families will get tax credits to help make health insurance more affordable.
- 17,500 small businesses will get tax credits to help make health insurance more affordable for their employees.
- 64,000 Medicare beneficiaries will see better care and will pay less for prescription drugs because the Medicare Part D donut hole will be closed.
- 50,000 young adults living in the 8th district will be able to stay on their parents’ health insurance policy until their 26th birthday.
- 29,000 uninsured residents will have access to health care coverage.
- 800 families won’t have to file for bankruptcy due to unaffordable health care costs.
- 8 community health centers in the eighth district will receive millions of dollars in new funding to see thousands of new patients.
“Some of the benefits in the reform package are gradual and will be phased-in over time,” Moran said in a statement. “But many benefits will kick in this year.”
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 14680 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today…
Police issued a traffic ticket every six minutes, on average, during an enforcement effort in front of Nottingham Elementary on Thursday afternoon.
Police swarmed the Rosslyn neighborhood after an alleged thief led an officer on a brief foot pursuit.
It’s holiday time and the lights are coming on in Arlington. Over the next several weeks, a slew of tree lightings, Santa visits, markets, and holiday celebrations are happening around…
Join us December 10 & 11 for our Annual Handmade Holiday Workshop Series. We have a myriad of fun and festive programs from linoleum block wrapping paper printing and buttonhole book making workshops led by Eliza Clifford to a meditative grid workshop and Calligraphy Card Making with Anjelika Deogirikar. Join these wonderful artists and get creative this holiday season!
If you’re looking for a mental health professional in Virginia, Washington D.C., or Maryland, we can help.
We provide a confidential and convenient way to get the help you need from the comfort of your own home.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our services fit your needs.
The services we offer are:
Join us as we celebrate the holiday of Chanukah! Enjoy delicious Latkes, hot cocoa, donuts and more!
Clarendon Menorah Lighting and Community Celebration
Experience the festival of lights!!
*Lighting of a giant 9 foot Menorah