Lessons we learned while gathering information about local bars and their World Cup specials:
- Irish pubs cannot stand France.
- Irish pubs cannot stand England.
- Irish pubs are likely to ask “Wait, why do you need an excuse like the World Cup to drink?” when asked about their World Cup drink specials.
- Even British pubs are hesitant to say that they’re supporting England in Saturday’s match against the U.S.
- There are too many ridiculous eating and drinking opportunities to avoid soccer for the next month.
Soccer is a game meant to be watched with a large group of loud and inebriated fans, so go ahead, summon your old middle school soccer ambitions and yell out those rare soccer-related phrases you remember from the matches (“CORNER KICK!” and “STRIKER!”).
ARLnow’s list of places to watch the World Cup in Arlington is after the jump. The tournament, by the way, kicks off (get it?) at 10:00 a.m. Friday with host country South Africa versus Mexico.
Photo via Facebook: Piola Restaurant all decked out for the World Cup.
Note that several bars are extending their hours to serve the morning crowds.
Ri Ra Irish Pub (2915 North Wilson Boulevard)
- Budweiser $2, Carlsberg $3 during World Cup matches
- Boycotting France (no French games being broadcast in the bar)
The Liberty Tavern (3195 Wilson Boulevard)
- Extending happy hour during any of the World Cup games within normal operating hours (no morning games)
- Most beers on tap $3, 19 wines at half price, rotating specialty cocktail for $5
Bailey’s Pub & Grille (4238 Wilson Boulevard and 2010 Crystal Drive)
- Opening early for breakfast on morning game days
- Miller Light Draft $3, Samuel Adams “biggies” (large size) $4
Union Jack’s British Pub of Ballston (671 North Glebe Road)
- Offering breakfast specials for 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. games
- Stella Artois pints $3, 22 oz Bud Light $5
- Auctioning a World Cup soccer jersey during the England/USA game on Saturday
- Food specials during World Cup matches ($10 food/drink combinations)
Ireland’s Four Courts (2051 North Wilson Boulevard)
- Breakfast specials starting at 6 a.m. for early games ($6.95)
- Getting extra 40-42″ screen TVs to broadcast all games
- Miller Light $3 from 4 p.m.-8 p.m. during World Cup days
- Replays nightly at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Bracket predictor challenge with ESPN (submit predictions before Friday, June 11th)
McGinty’s Public House (3650 S Glebe Rd)
- Miller Light $3, Killian’s $3
Mister Days (3100 North Clarendon Boulevard)
- Benefit for United for D.C.: a $10 donation to the charitable arm for D.C. United will give bar-goers even lower prices on World Cup drink specials and a free raffle ticket. (details to come)
Crystal City Sports Pub (529 23rd St S)
- Breakfast buffet extended to Monday-Saturday ($7.99)
- June 11 – June 21, buffet is from 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- June 22 – July 11, buffet is from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Drink specials on Budweiser, Bud Light, and Miller Light
- Introducing Peroni beer during World Cup
Ragtime Restaurant (1345 North Courthouse Road)
- Opening at 9 a.m. for 10 a.m. games
- Drink specials for competing countries’ matches (during Spanish match, sangria is discounted; during Australia match, Fosters is discounted, etc.)
- Extending weekend brunches to include Friday mornings during World Cup tournament.
Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery (4238 Wilson Boulevard)
- Opening at 10 a.m. for morning games
- Extending happy hour specials to all game nights
Arlington Cinema and Drafthouse (2903 Columbia Pike)
- Free, live broadcasts of U.S. World Cup matches on the big screen:
- USA vs England: June 12, 2010 @ 2:30 p.m.
- USA vs Slovenia:, June 18, 2010 @ 10:00 a.m.
- USA vs Algeria: June 23, 2010 @ 10:00 a.m.
Summer’s Restaurant (1520 North Courthouse Road)
- Peroni $3.50
- Internationally-inspired breakfasts every morning
- Cover for U.S./England match Saturday $5, $10 minimum per person
Piola Restaurant (1550 Wilson Boulevard)
- The place to be to root on Italy
- Showing numerous games
P. Brennans (2900 Columbia Pike)
- Open early at 10:00 a.m. all month
- Will show specific 7:30 p.m. games by request
- $4 Peroni
Did we forget anything? List other specials in the comments section.
Firefighters are battling a vehicle blaze atop the Pentagon City mall parking garage.
Building a new home should be a rewarding and memorable experience. That’s why a custom-built home requires personalized service! Here’s your chance to learn everything you need to know about…
Provided things go according to eggspectations, Hangry Joe’s Hot Chicken’s new Pentagon City location could hatch early next month. The eatery is opening at 1301 S. Joyce Street in the…
Last night, the Arlington County Board took a landmark step to allow the by-right development of 2-6 unit buildings throughout the county.
EDBS Dental Billing Solutions is pleased to announce that it has achieved compliance with the federally mandated standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) through the use of Compliancy Group’s proprietary HIPAA methodology, The Guard® compliance tracking software, and HIPAA Seal of Compliance®.
The HIPAA Seal of Compliance is issued to organizations that have implemented an effective HIPAA compliance program through the use of The Guard, Compliancy Group’s proprietary compliance tracking solution.
Clients and patients are becoming more aware of the requirements of HIPAA compliance and how the regulation protects their personal information. Forward-thinking providers like EDBS Dental Billing Solutions choose the HIPAA Seal of Compliance to differentiate their services.
“Since the nature of our business being exclusively remote, we take HIPAA compliance very seriously. With the help of Compliancy Group, we are able to take steps to fortify our systems to protect PHI information and familiarize each employee about HIPAA and how we can further safeguard PHI data.” said EDBS Dental Billing Solutions founder Goldie De Leon.
Are you feeling overwhelmed or struggling to cope with life’s challenges? You’re not alone. Mental health issues are more common than you might think, and seeking help is a sign of strength, not weakness.
Our counseling service provides a safe, supportive environment where you can explore your feelings, identify negative thought patterns, and learn coping skills to manage your symptoms. Lauren is trained in evidence-based practices and specializes in a range of mental health concerns, including anxiety, depression, trauma, and addiction.
We understand that seeking counseling can be intimidating, but we believe that everyone deserves to live a fulfilling, happy life. Our approach is non-judgmental and compassionate, and we work collaboratively with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that meets your unique needs and goals.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our service is a good fit for you. Reach out at https://peacefulmindsolutions.com or call (703) 994-0300 to set up a consultation.
WHS Spring Festival
Join us at the WHS Spring Festival on April 22, 2023, from 10am- 3pm at Wakefield High School(main parking lot). Come out to shop, play, and eat!
Shop local vendors, arts & crafts, new and used items, food vendors/trucks, and
District 27 Toastmasters 2023 Virtual Conference
District 27 Toastmasters invites you to its annual conference where you can hear phenomenal speakers, attend professional development and personal growth seminars about leadership, negotiation, communication, teamwork, and mentorship. Learn how to develop your personal story and how to improve