The series will kick off on Friday at 8:30 p.m. with a “tour of Arlington as seen through the eyes of Hollywood producers in ways both novel and creative.” The presentation will feature video clips and photos from the dozens of movies and TV shows filmed in Arlington, along with commentary from former Arlington Film Commissioner, current Arlington Virginia Network executive producer, and long-time movie buff Robert Farr.
Then, on Saturday, the films themselves will begin. Like Friday’s presentation, the films will start at 8:30 and admission is free. Here’s the schedule and each film’s Arlington connection.
- June 19: The Blind Side (starring Arlingtonian Sandra Bullock)
- June 25: Breach (scenes filmed in Arlington)
- June 26: Heaven Can Wait (starring Arlingtonian Warren Beatty)
- July 9: Clear and Present Danger (scenes filmed in Arlington)
- July 10: Sweet Charity (starring Arlingtonian Shirley MacLaine)
- July 23: Mission Impossible III (scenes filmed in Arlington)
- July 24: Shark Tales (voice work by Arlingtonian Katie Couric)
A Northern Virginia woman likely has monkeypox, the Virginia Dept. of Health announced today. In a press release Thursday afternoon, VDH said the woman was isolating at home and not…
The Arlington County Board today called for action to stem the tide of gun violence, while groups of students around the county held walkouts in response to the elementary school shooting in Texas.
A time-honored, pre-Memorial Day tradition took place at Arlington National Cemetery this morning. More than 1,000 soldiers with the Army’s 3rd Infantry Regiment, also known as The Old Guard, as…
A new sushi restaurant has opened in Rosslyn in a long-vacant, off-the-beaten-path space.