The series will kick off on Friday at 8:30 p.m. with a “tour of Arlington as seen through the eyes of Hollywood producers in ways both novel and creative.” The presentation will feature video clips and photos from the dozens of movies and TV shows filmed in Arlington, along with commentary from former Arlington Film Commissioner, current Arlington Virginia Network executive producer, and long-time movie buff Robert Farr.
Then, on Saturday, the films themselves will begin. Like Friday’s presentation, the films will start at 8:30 and admission is free. Here’s the schedule and each film’s Arlington connection.
- June 19: The Blind Side (starring Arlingtonian Sandra Bullock)
- June 25: Breach (scenes filmed in Arlington)
- June 26: Heaven Can Wait (starring Arlingtonian Warren Beatty)
- July 9: Clear and Present Danger (scenes filmed in Arlington)
- July 10: Sweet Charity (starring Arlingtonian Shirley MacLaine)
- July 23: Mission Impossible III (scenes filmed in Arlington)
- July 24: Shark Tales (voice work by Arlingtonian Katie Couric)