The Animal Welfare League of Arlington, which just completed a $1 million renovation, was briefly evacuated twice this morning due to light smoke in the building.
The second time firefighters were called, just before noon, they reported finding a malfunctioning air conditioning unit.
No people or
dogs animals were reported to be sick as a result of the smoke.
The building is located at 2650 South Arlington Mill Drive in Shirlington
Update at 1:50 p.m. — The building is cool, engineers are working on the troublesome A/C unit, and all the animals are fine, according to executive director Neil Trent.