Want to do more with your free time this winter? Tired of spending the cold weather months hibernating in your house or apartment with nothing productive to do?
Arlington’s parks and rec department has released its latest course catalog, with more than 250 options for exercising the mind and body.
New classes this term include:
- A Broadway Fitness class at the Madison Community Center
- Boxing 101 at the Barcroft Sports Center
- A “Flirty Girl Fitness” class, utilizing “the hottest dance moves, from the club scene to exotic dancing,” at the Barcroft Sports Center
- An advanced robotics course for ages 7-15 at the Madison Community Center
- A birdhouse building class at the Thomas Jefferson Community Center
- A voice training class at the Walter Reed Community Center
Online registration begins on Dec. 14. Find more information on the classes and the registration process here.
Demolition of the former Jaleo restaurant building in Crystal City began this week, as the site plan review process for a redevelopment on the block kicked off earlier this month….
Kenmore Middle School’s student release has been delayed and the school has been placed in “secure the building” mode due to a possible security threat.
Biz Talk discusses Arlington’s business community and their commitment to sustainability.
Don’t miss out on joining a summer league with DC Fray before registration closes June 14.