Want to do more with your free time this winter? Tired of spending the cold weather months hibernating in your house or apartment with nothing productive to do?
Arlington’s parks and rec department has released its latest course catalog, with more than 250 options for exercising the mind and body.
New classes this term include:
- A Broadway Fitness class at the Madison Community Center
- Boxing 101 at the Barcroft Sports Center
- A “Flirty Girl Fitness” class, utilizing “the hottest dance moves, from the club scene to exotic dancing,” at the Barcroft Sports Center
- An advanced robotics course for ages 7-15 at the Madison Community Center
- A birdhouse building class at the Thomas Jefferson Community Center
- A voice training class at the Walter Reed Community Center
Online registration begins on Dec. 14. Find more information on the classes and the registration process here.
Arlington’s NAACP presents the 2021 Virtual Freedom Fund Banquet and Awards Ceremony, the biggest civil rights and social justice event of the year.
A multi-year project to improve bus transit along Columbia Pike has been delayed by design problems associated with the proposed bus shelters.
The Virginia Purple Star Designation is awarded to military-friendly schools that have demonstrated a major commitment to students and families connected to our nation’s military. Disappointingly, despite its proximity to the heart of the military, only one APS school (Discovery Elementary) earned the Purple Star designation in 2019-2020. None has earned it for 2020-2021.
(Updated at 4:50 p.m.) Floodwaters have receded after Columbia Pike was blocked at S. Greenbrier Street around 3:30 this afternoon. At least one car was stuck in the high water,…