The popular gastropub will present its Viva Le Rouge! Red, Red Wine tasting from 1 to 4 p.m., offering those who may be new to drinking wine to the most experienced wine drinkers the chance to try something new, and to buy their favorites at reduced prices.
“Over the years, we’ve learned people love to taste new things and they like to stock up for Valentine’s Day,” said EatBar spokeswoman Jennifer Eberline.
Nearly 20 wines will be offered during the tasting and the obvious catch for the Red, Red Wine Tasting: they’re all the same rougey color.
“If you’re a wine drinker, you’re drinking more red wine than white this time of year,” said Eberline.
That’s because we tend to eat heavier foods during the winter months, and red wine pairs better with those types of dishes.
The Red, Red, Wine Tasting is a first for EatBar, though they have had several wine tastings in the past including a sparkling wine tasting in December.
“At the white wine tasting, a lot of people who came said we absolutely have to get together soon and do this with red wines, so that’s what we’ve decided to do,” added Eberline.
EatBar is located at 2761 Washington Boulevard, and it’s $30 per person to attend the event.
Wines to be tasted
· William Seylem Pinot Noir
· Napanook Cabernet Sauvignon
· Ridge York Creek Zinfandel
· Prazo de Roriz Tinta Roriz
· Chehalem “Ridgecrest” Pinot Noir
· Kanonkop “Kadette” Pinotage Blend
· Loubarou Grenache Blend
· Colosi Nero d’Avola
· d’Arenberg “Footbolt” Shiraz
· Hedges “3 Vineyards” Bordeaux Blend
· Armen Petit Sirah
· Sella & Mosca Cannonau
· JL Colombo “les Fees Brunes” Syrah
· M. Chapoutier Grenache Blend
· Couly Dutheil “les Gravieres” Cabernet Franc
· Luna Berberide Mencia
· Chateau Haut Peyrous Bordeaux Blend
· Familia Mayol “4 Primos” Malbec Blend
· Novelty Hill Merlot