(Updated at 10:55 a.m.) Two years after being “mothballed” by Arlington County, and less than two months after being saved by the approval of $100,000 worth of repairs, the Lubber Run Amphitheater is nearly ready to reopen.
Amphitheater supporters just released a schedule of performances for the upcoming summer season. The season will kick off on Friday, July 29, with a performance by Blues/R&B singer/songwriter Mary Ann Redmond. Organizers are planning on serving cake to attendees to celebrate the new season — the first since 2009.
“This wouldn’t have been possible without a community that appreciates the unique venue for family entertainment the Lubber Run amphitheater has offered for many years and a caring and responsive County government,” Lubber Run Amphitheater Foundation President Esther Bowring said in a statement. “We are looking forward to the amphitheater’s reopening and to working with Arlington County and the community to bring great entertainment to the Lubber Run stage for summers to come.”
All shows will begin at 8:00 p.m. The complete performance schedule includes:
- Friday, July 29 — Mary Ann Redmond
- Saturday, July 30 — Justin Trawick
- Friday, August 5 — Origem
- Saturday, August 6 — Teen Talent and Movie Night: Fast and Furious
- Friday, August 12 — Margot MacDonald
- Saturday, August 13 — Russkie Musikanti
- Friday, August 19 — Texas Chainsaw Horns
- Saturday, August 20 — Andrew Acosta and the New Old-Time String Band
- Friday, August 26 — Eric Scott
- Saturday, August 27 — Cartoon Johnny
- Friday, September 2 — The Grandsons
- Saturday, September 3 — Teen Talent and Movie Night: Inception