Looking for a way to give back this holiday season?
The county’s Volunteer Arlington program lists several holiday-related volunteer and donation opportunities that are open to interested members of the public.
- Thanksgiving Meal Delivery — The Arlington Knights of Columbus chapter is feeding some 2,000 needy people on Thanksgiving, and they need volunteers to help deliver meals or serve food in their North Arlington facility.
- Angel Tree Program Setup, Sorting and Distribution — Help the Salvation Army provide gifts to needy children and elderly citizens who would otherwise be left out on Christmas.
- Gift Wrapping at Pentagon City Mall — A gift wrapping service provided to shoppers at the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City by Arms Outstretched Ministry. Proceeds benefit wounded warriors, deployed military personnel and their families.
- Secret Santa/Adopt-A-Family — Help provide gifts to needy families via the Arlington Partnership for Affordable Housing.
- Arlington DHS Secret Santa — Donate gift cards to the Arlington Department of Human Services to make the holidays “a little happier for some of Arlington’s most vulnerable residents.”
Firefighters battled a significant fire Saturday night on the 23rd Street S. restaurant row in Crystal City.
The latest Neighborhood Spotlight discusses the Clarendon neighborhood which is the perfect neighborhood that blends urban walkability with the suburban areas near it.
If it’s shocking to you that it’s December already, you’re not alone. Maybe it’s because fall seemed to be a mere extension of summer that then quickly transitioned to winter….
This week, Your Beermonger reminisces on first time he tried Hardywood’s Kentucky Christmas Morning.