The day’s events include family festivals, pet walks, 5K races and community service opportunities.
“There’s something happening for everyone in Arlington on Neighborhood Day,” says the county’s Neighborhood Day web page. “Neighborhood Day’s goal has always been to help Arlingtonians make connections with neighbors. ”
Nearly a dozen events are planned on Saturday, including:
- 18th Annual Walk for the Animals from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Bluemont Park
- Family Fun Day in the Park from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Alcova Heights Park
- Artisphere Yarn Bomb and ‘All Aflutter’ Launch from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Artisphere
- Ashton Heights Neighborhood Yard Sale from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Arlington Science Focus 5K and Fun Run/Walk starting at the school at 8:30 a.m.
- Nauck Neighborhood Day from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. at Drew School and Community Center
- Fairlington Home and Garden Tour from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Spring Community Reading Festival from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. at Campbell Elementary School
- Highland Park-Overlee Knolls Family Fun Day from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. at Westover Library
- Dominion Hills Neighborhood Day Festival and Potluck Supper from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. at Dominion Hills Park
- Home Clean-Up/Fix-Up with the John M. Langston Civic Association
Saturday’s weather is expected to be warm with possible scattered showers.