The “Shirlala Music Festival” will include 10 weeks of live music from various genres, plus wine tastings from Shirlington’s Cheesetique store. The festival is an outgrowth of the former Shirlington jazz festival.
The event is free and open to the public, but the wine tasting is $5. It will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. every Thursday, from June 13 to August 22 (except July 4).
This year’s musical lineup includes:
- June 13 — Jeff Carmella Band (Rock)
- June 20 — MARS 4-tet (Jazz)
- June 27 — King Teddy (Swing)
- July 11 — Dan Haas Trio (Pop Rock)
- July 18 — Lloyd Dobler Effect (80s & 90s Covers)
- July 25 — The Shack Band (Rock & Funk)
- August 1 — Ewabo (Steel Tropical Drums)
- August 8 — Taylor Carson (Acoustic Rock)
- August 15 — The Morrison Brothers (Southern Rock)
- August 22 — Beach Bumz (Jimmy Buffett Tribute Band)
Shop this holiday season at Trade Roots to find locally made gifts or a sweet treat and coffee for your self.
A new outpost of JINYA Ramen Bar is coming to Ballston Quarter as soon as March, according to a local restaurant group. The restaurant appears to replace Spanish tapas restaurant…
The Right Note is a biweekly opinion column. The views expressed are solely the author’s. Arlington has seen its share of school board members come and go the past few years….
Arlington County police are investigating gunshots that were fired in the Westover neighborhood Monday morning. In a crime report today, ACPD said that residents in the area heard gunshots around…