Starting Monday, April 7, the county will move from neighborhood to neighborhood cleaning the streets in an effort that will continue until June. All cars parked on roads marked for street sweeping should be moved to a driveway, garage or street that won’t be swept on the days the neighborhood’s sweeping is scheduled to take place.
Here’s the schedule for the next two weeks. Sweeping will start again with the same rotation on May 5 and June 9:
- April 7 — Arlington Forest, Barcroft, Buckingham Columbia Heights West, Forest Glen, Glencarlyn
- April 8 — Claremont, Columbia Forest, Douglas Park, Fairlington
- April 9 — Arlington East Falls Church, Williamsburg, Yorktown
- April 10 — Arlingwood, Chain Bridge, Country Club Hills/Gulf Branch, Old Glebe, Rock Spring, Stafford Albemarle Glebe
- April 11 — Bellevue Forest, Donaldson Run, Dover-Crystal, Maywood, North Highlands, Rivercrest, Riverwood, Woodmont
- April 14 — Ballston-Virginia Square, Cherrydale, Cherry Valley Nature Area, Glebewood, Old Dominion, Waycroft-Woodlawn, Waverly Hills
- April 15 — Clarendon-Courthouse, Colonial Village, Lyon Park, Lyon Village, North Rosslyn, Radnor/Ft. Myer Heights
- April 16 — Alcova Heights, Arlington Heights, Arlington View, Ashton Heights, Foxcroft Heights, Penrose
- April 17 — Aurora Highlands, Columbia Heights, Long Branch Creek, Nauck, Arlington Ridge/Forest Hills
- April 18 — Highland Park/Overlee Knolls, John M. Langston, Leeway Overlee, Madison Manor, Tara-Leeway Heights, Westover Village
- April 21 — Bluemont, Dominion Hills, Boulevard Manor
In the days between residential street sweeping, Arlington will perform street sweeping in commercial areas.