Parts of Wilson, Clarendon and Washington Boulevards in Clarendon will be closed most of the day Saturday for the Air Force Association Cycling Classic.
Roads will close starting at 4:30 a.m. Saturday and re-open at 5:00 p.m. to accommodate the Clarendon Cup portion of the Cycling Classic, which also features races in Crystal City and along Route 110 on Sunday.
Registration is closed for the Cycling Classic, which is part of USA Cycling’s National Criterium Calendar, but spectators are invited to watch and visit booths at the expo on Clarendon Blvd. The Clarendon Cup, according to the Cycling Classic’s website, is “known as one of the most difficult criterium races in the U.S. due to technical demands of the course and the quality of the participants.”
Here are the closures that will take effect on Saturday from 4:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.:
- Wilson Boulevard will be closed from N. Fillmore Street to Washington Boulevard
- Clarendon Boulevard will be closed from Washington Boulevard to N. Fillmore Street
- Washington Boulevard will be closed from Wilson Boulevard to N. Highland Street
- N. Highland Street will be closed from Wilson Boulevard to Washington Boulevard
- N. Garfield Street/N. Fillmore Street will be closed from Wilson Boulevard to Washington Boulevard
File photo. The Air Force Cycling Classic is an ARLnow.com advertiser.
Local Republicans nominated Arlington resident Karina Lipsman on Saturday to seek the U.S. House seat currently held by Rep. Don Beyer (D-Va.). Early voting is underway for the primary to…
An Arlington man is facing charges after allegedly shoving and threatening a county parking aide. The incident happened Thursday afternoon along S. Lowell Street in the Green Valley neighborhood. “At…
Fill your days with adventure as District Fray Magazine compiles a list of 26 things to do this summer.
Sponsored by Monday Properties and written by ARLnow, Startup Monday is a weekly column that profiles Arlington-based startups, founders, and other local technology news. Monday Properties is proudly featuring 1515 Wilson Blvd in Rosslyn. Two companies that help…