Parts of Wilson, Clarendon and Washington Boulevards in Clarendon will be closed most of the day Saturday for the Air Force Association Cycling Classic.
Roads will close starting at 4:30 a.m. Saturday and re-open at 5:00 p.m. to accommodate the Clarendon Cup portion of the Cycling Classic, which also features races in Crystal City and along Route 110 on Sunday.
Registration is closed for the Cycling Classic, which is part of USA Cycling’s National Criterium Calendar, but spectators are invited to watch and visit booths at the expo on Clarendon Blvd. The Clarendon Cup, according to the Cycling Classic’s website, is “known as one of the most difficult criterium races in the U.S. due to technical demands of the course and the quality of the participants.”
Here are the closures that will take effect on Saturday from 4:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.:
- Wilson Boulevard will be closed from N. Fillmore Street to Washington Boulevard
- Clarendon Boulevard will be closed from Washington Boulevard to N. Fillmore Street
- Washington Boulevard will be closed from Wilson Boulevard to N. Highland Street
- N. Highland Street will be closed from Wilson Boulevard to Washington Boulevard
- N. Garfield Street/N. Fillmore Street will be closed from Wilson Boulevard to Washington Boulevard
File photo. The Air Force Cycling Classic is an ARLnow.com advertiser.
It’s long past time to get big money out of our politics in Virginia.
A bicyclist has suffered potentially life-threatening injuries after a crash 2-3 blocks from Yorktown High School.
As the fiscal year for Arlington County approaches, take a look back on the economic development of 2021 in the latest Biz Talk.
Meet the newest Pet of the Week, Full-Time Frankie (formerly Frankie the Foster). Frankie is truly “full time,” putting his his whole heart (and long tail) into whatever he does.