Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”‘
The big news this week is mortgage interest rates. Buyers will love to hear that the 30-year fixed rate dropped below 4 percent to a national average of 3.97 percent. Turmoil abroad is credited with lowering the rates as scares about Ebola, the Middle East, and economic weakness in Europe have prompted flight of capital to the safety of 10-year US Treasury bonds.
Watch for a spike in buyer activity starting to show up in next week’s data. For those who already own property, this could be a good time to consider refinancing.
Meanwhile, Arlington enjoyed a rush of 79 active new listings this week with a broad variety of types and prices that should give buyers lots to choose from and take advantage of those low rates. Also this week, 45 properties went under contract ranging in price from $180,000 to $2.4 million. The average list price of those ratified is $693,000 and average days on market is 43, an increase prompted by four outlier properties that had been on the market for 10 months. It’s good to see that sellers are listing, and buyers are buying in this busy fall market.
- 3000 SPOUT RUN PKWY #A204, ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $268,000
- 1220 FILLMORE ST #605, ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $429,000
- 2906 BUCHANAN ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22206- $449,000
- 104 PARK DR S, ARLINGTON, VA 22204- $549,000
- 1021 GARFIELD ST N #642, ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $645,000
- 2422 OHIO ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22207- $769,000
- 506 MONTANA ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22203- $899,000
- 2749 11TH ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $1,099,900