“Rock at the Row” is in its 13th year, with concerts starting next month. The performances will take place Thursday evenings from July 16 to August 20 in Pentagon Row’s plaza area. In addition to the music, there will be craft beers and food samples in a VIP section.
The schedule, below, includes several locally-known cover and tribute bands, as well as a special Saturday evening concert by the 257th Army Band:
- July 16: Slippery When Wet (Bon Jovi tribute)
- July 23: Kristen and the Noise (cover band)
- July 30: White Ford Bronco (90s cover)
- August 1: 257th Army Band (special Saturday night concert)
- August 6: The Reagan Years (80s tribute)
- August 13: The Rockets (cover band)
- August 20: Gonzo’s Nose (cover band)
All performances start at 7 p.m. and are free and open to the public.
If “Rock at the Row” isn’t enough of a music fix, residents can head to Freedom Park (1101 Wilson Blvd.) and check out Rosslyn’s “Throwback Thursdays”.
The series features cover bands “embracing the best of the 80s and 90s,” according to the event page.
Performances were scheduled to start the first Thursday of this month (June 4), but that evening’s concert by The Reflex was rained out and has not yet been rescheduled.
The five remaining performances, below, are scheduled to take place this tomorrow evening (June 25) and every Thursday evening in September:
- June 25: Lloyd Dobbler Effect (cover band)
- Sept 3: White Ford Bronco (90s cover)
- Sept 10: Back To Zero (cover band)
- Sept 17: Herr Metal (80s cover)
- Sept 24: Hand Painted Swinger (cover band)
Concerts start at 6 p.m. and are free and open to the public. Washington Wine Academy plans to offer $5 beer and wine to those of age at all remaining performances.
Photo via thereaganyears.com