If you’re not a DC Bocce League player by now, why not?
Did you know that you can win weekly contests after your bocce game at our sponsor bars? Have you heard that you don’t need to break a sweat to participate in this rec league? Maybe you just haven’t found the right DC Bocce location to sign up for? If that’s the case, then check out the DC Bocce League summer season, featuring four new 2015 locations:
- Ballston Tuesdays: Play bocce at Maury Park at 6:30 or 7:30 and then roll over to Carpool for post-game specials, bar-based competition and sponsored prizes.
- NEW Downtown DC Tuesdays: Bocce games are played at Franklin Sq. Park at 7:00 and are followed by happy hour at BlackFinn Pub.
- NEW Petworth Tuesdays: Bocce at Raymond Rec Center at 6:30 or 7:30 and then roll to Wonderland Ballroom for Taco Tuesdays and karaoke upstairs.
- Capitol Hill Wednesdays: Garfield Park plays host to bocce games at 6:30 and 7:30. Capitol Lounge hosts players after games with food and drink specials.
- NEW Columbia Pike Wednesdays: Play bocce at Walter Reed Rec Center at 7:00; Socialize and participate in a weekly gift card raffle at P. Brennan’s after games.
- NEW Alexandria Thursdays: Play on the new bocce court at the new Braddock Interim Park at 6:30 or 7:30 and then hit King Street after games.
- Dupont Thursdays: Roll at Rose Park at 6:30 and 7:30 and party at Irish Whiskey after games.
Driven by the desire to make friends out of strangers and fueled by Peroni & Blue Moon specials, DC Bocce League offers weekly bocce ball matches played between multi-person, co-ed teams.
The game isn’t difficult; just about anyone who can palm a ball can have fun playing. Plus, unlike most other sports, you stand on the same side of the court as your opponents, so socializing is the norm — what better way to distract the competition than with a well-crafted ball joke?
If this sounds like the game for you, head over to DC Bocce League’s website to register your team or sign up as a free agent and be matched with a team. Register for the summer season for $50 when you enter promo-code ROLL20 during check out. The summer season runs from July 20 through September 12.
The preceding post was written and sponsored by DC Bocce League.
Tour Country Club Hills to discover its lush herbage, mature trees, and the Victorian and frame houses of the area in Neighborhood Spotlight.
A soggy weekend is on tap after an otherwise pretty nice final week of September. Obviously this week’s big story was the devastation in Florida, the huge scale of which…
Share your input on the Arlington Forestry and Natural Resources Plan by October 3.
A proposed bridge for bicyclists and pedestrians between Crystal City and the Southwest Waterfront area of D.C. has received $20 million in federal funding to move forward. When complete, the…
9th Street Chamber Music is back in business for its second season! 9SCM is disrupting the stereotypes of classical music as stuffy, dry, and elite through dynamic yet accessible performances and its one-of-a-kind String Quartet Intensive for young musicians in the DC Metro area.[9th Street Quartet](https://www.9thstreetchambermusic.com/9th-street- quartet)’s first concert is on Sunday, October 16 at 4:00 PM. The group will offer, for the first time, a ‘Playlist Shuffle’ themed concert featuring single movements of string quartet favorites. Tickets for this concert can be found here, and are $20 for adults and FREE for all students under 18.
Rehearsals began Monday, September 27 for the String Quartet Intensive, welcoming 32 new and returning members to the program. These talented musicians in grades 7 through 12 represent over fifteen area schools throughout Northern Virginia, DC and Maryland, and are an integral part of the growing 9SCM community. Their first performance will take place on Monday, November 28 at 7:30 PM.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Join us as we explore Vini Franchetti & their two sister vineyards Passopisciaro (Sicily) and Vini Franchetti (Tuscany) for our Sicily/Tuscany Wine Dinner!
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 6pm
Special Guest: This wine dinner we will be hosting the wine maker