Everyone knows Clarendon’s new kid on the block, Don Tito, for its energy and rooftop views.
We’re here to share their must-try bites (because it never hurts to pair a taco with those drinks).
- Surf and Turf Tacos: Once these tacos hit your taste buds, you’ll demand them every time you walk in the door. A crisp and lightly battered shrimp is perched atop, and contrasts nicely with the heavier steak chunks inside. The taco is rounded with an airy cole slaw, crispy bacon, and a Sriracha aioli sauce.
- Mini Bean & Carnitas Burrito: This giant burrito, smothered in cheese and red enchiladas sauce, will keep you full ’til breakfast. The thick shell is packed with yellow rice, black beans, Monterrey jack and cheddar cheeses, and perfectly seasoned beef. Scallions are scattered on top to meld the bouquet of spicy sauces and powerful flavors.
- Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna Tacos: Ever had a sushi taco? Tender sesame seed-crusted Ahi tuna rests on a bed of seaweed salad. Roasted corn adds a bit of that Latin flair we all crave. Two dipping sauces accompany: a cilantro sauce with a nice kick, and a tomato-based sauce with a tangy zing!
- Lomo Saltado: A fresh take on the classic beef tenderloin dish features shoestring fries on top of the dish. Sautéed red onions, tomatoes, and soy complement the succulent meat. Drown the shoestring fries in the tasty broth for extra flavor!
- Deep Fried Churros: Cap off your feast with a delicious basket of warm fried churros. Coated in cinnamon sugar and served with dipping sauces, these are the perfect way to end your meal. Sweet Tooth Tip: dip the churros in the chocolate sauce and THEN the caramel sauce for a sugary explosion.
About Spotluck: If you’ve ever had trouble figuring out where to eat in Arlington, we hear ya. We’re a small (but mighty) D.C. area startup that created an awesome free restaurant discovery app that lets you “spin” for discounts at great local spots every day. Don’t be hangry, download Spotluck for iPhone or Android to discover and save money at a local restaurant today.