(Updated at 11:15 a.m.) Arlington County firefighters are on the scene of a house fire on the 1300 block of N. Nelson Street, a block from Washington-Lee High School.
The fire department was called around 10:15 a.m. after residents and passersby spotted smoke coming from the home’s attic.
The fire was extinguished quickly and no one was injured. Three people, including one disabled man, escaped from the house during the fire and are expected to be temporarily housed by the Red Cross.
The house has three apartments. Its roof partially buckled during the fire.
— Public Servant-33yrs (@CAPT258) February 3, 2016