Do you know DC Bocce League? You should — we like to make ball jokes and new friends over the game of bocce.
Bocce is Italian lawn bowling — it’s easy to pick up and you never have to put your drink down to play. With DC Bocce League all teams make the playoffs so there is plenty of time to learn the finer points of the game during the season. Join us to toss balls, crush beers and score all season!
We have four NoVa locations in our spring line-up:
- Ballston Tuesdays: Play bocce at Maury Park at 6:30 or 7:30 and then roll over to Carpool for post-game specials, bar-based competition and sponsored prizes.
- Columbia Pike Wednesdays: Play bocce at Walter Reed Rec Center at 7:00; Socialize and participate in a weekly gift card raffle at P. Brennan’s after games.
- NEW Court House Wednesdays: Play bocce at Rhodeside Green Park at 6:30 or 7:30; Take a short walk toward Metro and toss back discounted pints at Ireland’s Four Courts
- Alexandria Thursdays: Play on the bocce court at the new Braddock Interim Park at 6:30 or 7:30 and then hit Murphy’s on King Street after games.
Looking for a DC Location? Choose from five:
- Tuesdays: Columbia Heights
- Wednesdays: Brookland; Capitol Hill; the W Hotel downtown
- Thursdays: Dupont at Rose Park
Driven by the desire to make friends out of strangers and fueled by Peroni & Blue Moon specials, DC Bocce League offers weekly bocce ball matches played between multi-person, co-ed teams. The season includes weekly raffles after games at our sponsor bars, a city-wide end of season party and tournament, and the best team t-shirts in DC social sports. Plus, unlike most other rec leagues, you stand on the same side of the court as your opponents, so socializing is the norm.
If this sounds like the game for you, head over to DC Bocce League’s website to register your team or sign up as a free agent and be matched with a team. Register for the spring season for $50 when you enter promo-code NoVa20 during check out. The spring season runs from April 19th to June 11th.
If you’re thinking about purchasing an Electric Vehicle or would like to know more, stop by the Arlington Drive Electric event September 25 at Kenmore Middle School.
A group of Marines in their dress blue uniforms braved floodwaters along Columbia Pike to help a stranded motorist. Video of the rescue has gone viral on TikTok, racking up…
A nice late summer weekend is on tap as we start to dry out tonight after a soggy couple of days. Autumn officially begins on Wednesday, and the forecast currently…
The past, present, and future of Columbia Pike is rather easy to see.