Looking for a small, affordable, private, Christian day school with a small town community feel? Can you appreciate a school which begins each day with the students reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and singing My Country ‘Tis of Thee? Then please come visit the open house at Our Savior Lutheran School, which will be held Thursday, April 28th from 9:00-11:00 a.m. and 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Come see a hidden gem of a school which has been in the heart of Arlington providing education and service since 1952. The school is conveniently located close to the Pentagon and Route 50 in Arlington.
Grades Pre-K (age 4 by September 30) through 8th grade are offered with very small class sizes (only 20 students per class). The elementary school grades have self-contained classrooms, while the middle school is departmentalized. The school also has one of the lowest tuition rates in Northern Virginia. The dedicated, caring teachers work hand-in-hand with an active community of families which make this school thrive.
Students are encouraged to start a life of service through various opportunities:
- Weekly Chapel offerings are designated to various groups in need for our neighbors in Arlington and around the world
- Walk for the Homeless and preparing bag meals for ASPAN
- Letters to pen pals (elderly members of the church congregation)
- Stop Hunger Now — the entire school helped prepare dry meals to send overseas
- Pairing middle schoolers and kindergarteners as chapel buddies
- Sixth graders begin and start the day by raising the American flag and assisting with the Kiss-N-Ride line
- Our Savior also offers many extracurricular activities including a music and a choral program, After school clubs that include foreign language (Spanish and French), and a baking club.
If you are interested in what Our Savior has to offer and why this school shines, please come by the Open House on Thursday, April 28th from 9:00-11:00 a.m. and 6:00-8:00 p.m. or call to schedule a tour any other day.
The school is located at 825 S. Taylor St., Arlington, VA 22204 Phone: (703) 892-4846, osva.org.
The preceding post was written and sponsored by Our Savior Lutheran School.
The latest Legal Insider provides seven reasons why a federal employee should hire a federal employment lawyer when needed.
This week is chock full of interesting events in and around Arlington County. Some of the local event highlights for Oct. 18-24 are below. Submit your event to our event calendar…
Arlington’s priorities for the upcoming state legislative session include more speed cameras, vehicle noise enforcement, virtual government meetings and preserving the local tree canopy. That’s according the county’s proposed 2022…
Arlington County is applying for an $80 million grant to help pay for a proposed west entrance to the Ballston Metro station. On Saturday, the County Board authorized the application…