The estimated percentage of the population ages 25-34 was 26.4 percent in 2015, compared to 28.5 percent in 2012
Meanwhile, a set of just-released census data from the American Community Survey has shed some light on other vital statistics for Arlington.
The data shows the percentage of Arlington residents with health insurance rising, following a national trend attributed to the implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
Here are some notable stats for Arlington included in the most recent census data:
- The median household income in Arlington was $106,768 in 2015, while the mean income was $137,484. Median income was down but mean income up compared to 2014.
- An estimated 94.0 percent of Arlington residents had health insurance in 2015, compared to 88.4 percent in 2012.
- The top three largest employment sectors in Arlington: professional, scientific, management and administrative (27.9 percent); public administration (17.6 percent); educational, healthcare and social services (15.1 percent).
- Total estimated housing units in Arlington was 112,517 in 2015, compared to 106,720 in 2011.
- Estimated number of women who have given birth within the past year: 3,626 in 2015 compared to 3,190 in 2012.
- Estimated percentage of those 18 and over with an income below the poverty level: 7.4 percent in 2015, compared to 9.3 percent in 2012.