Billowing black smoke coming from a home’s chimney and roof prompted an Arlington County Fire Department response this morning.
The chimney fire was first reported shortly after 9:30 a.m., at a home at the intersection of N. Fillmore Street and 2nd Street N.
At least two people were inside the house at the time, a fire department spokeswoman confirmed. Both escaped from the smoky structure unharmed.
Firefighters used chainsaws to get access to the chimney and extinguish the fire before it could spread. Some water damage from the firefighting effort was reported in the home.
Two blocks of N. Fillmore Street were closed as a result of fire apparatus on the scene.
A miracle is shutting down a portion of 23rd Street S. near Crystal City tonight (Friday). The 58th edition of the holiday event “Miracle on 23rd Street” is taking place…
Is Amazon building a flagship grocery store near HQ2? Based on photos showing the inside of the under-construction store, it sure looks like it.
Mattress Store Goes Night Night — From local tweeter @CartChaos22202: “The Mattress Firm location along S. 15th Street in Pentagon City has closed… but try not to lose sleep over…
Recipient of the most Arlington County Green Home Choice Awards awarded, Arlington Designer Homes continues to provide quality work and place clients in new or renovated homes.