Looking for a small, affordable, private, Christian day school with a small town community feel? Can you appreciate a school which begins each day with the students reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and singing My Country ‘Tis of Thee?
Then please come visit the winter open house at Our Savior Lutheran School, which will be held Saturday, January 28 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Come see a hidden gem of a school which has been in the heart of Arlington providing education and service since 1952. The school is conveniently located close to the Pentagon and Route 50 in Arlington.
Grades Pre-K (age 4 by September 30) through 8th grade are offered with very small class sizes (only 20 students per class). The elementary school grades have self-contained classrooms, while the middle school is departmentalized. The school also has one of the lowest tuition rates in Northern Virginia. The dedicated, caring teachers work hand-in-hand with an active community of families which make this school thrive.
Students are encouraged to start a life of service through various opportunities:
- Weekly chapel offerings are designated to various groups in need for our neighbors in Arlington and around the world.
- Walk for the Homeless and preparing bag meals for A-SPAN.
- Letters to penpals (elderly members of the church congregation).
- Stop Hunger Now — the entire school helped prepare dry meals to send overseas.
- Pairing middle schoolers and kindergarteners as chapel buddies.
- Sixth graders begin and start the day by raising the American flag and assisting with the kiss-n-ride line.
In addition to the school’s trading skill building curriculum which includes a foreign language program for middle school students, art and many extracurricular activities including a music and a choral program; Our Savior offers various after school clubs that include foreign language (Spanish and French), baking club, dance and chess.
If you are interested in what Our Savior has to offer and why this school shines, please come by the winter open house on Saturday, January 28 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. or call to schedule a tour any other day. The school is located at 825 S. Taylor St., Arlington, VA 22204. Our phone number is (703) 892-4846 and our web address is osva.org.
The preceding was written and sponsored by Our Savior Lutheran School.