Arlington County schools and government offices will close Monday, May 29 for Memorial Day.
County offices, courts, libraries, human services, the sheriff’s office and commuter stores will all be closed for the holiday. All community centers will be closed, while all parks grounds will be open.
Also on Monday:
- The county’s four spraygrounds will be open all weekend.
- Three high school pools will be open to the public until 6 p.m.
- Metered parking will not be enforced.
- Trash and recycling collections are on a normal schedule.
- ART’s 41, 45, 51, 55 and 87 routes will operate on Sunday schedules, while all other ART routes will not operate. Standing order rides are not provided on STAR, and the call center is closed. Any rides on Monday and Tuesday must be booked in advance.
- Metrorail and Metrobus will operate on a Sunday schedule. The rail system is open from 7 a.m. to midnight.
Police will close roads for the annual Rolling Thunder motorcycle rally this weekend. Riders are scheduled to arrive later today at the event’s headquarters at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City.
On Sunday, Arlington and Virginia State Police will close Washington Blvd from 7 a.m. to approximately 4 p.m. from I-395 to the Memorial Bridge. Meanwhile, Arlington National Cemetery will only be accessible from southbound George Washington Memorial Parkway or northbound Route 110.
Police say they expect higher attendance than usual at the rally and other events for Rolling Thunder’s 30th anniversary.
Flickr pool photo by Brian Irwin