Known as Clarendon Cares, participating businesses will offer special deals for the occasion and a portion of their proceeds will be donated to the Alzheimer’s Association. The fundraiser coincides with the association’s “Longest Day” event, which encourages people to give on the summer solstice.
Anyone who can’t make it to any of the participating businesses Wednesday can donate online to help the Alzheimer’s Association reach its goal of raising $5,000.
And those posting on social media that day are encouraged to use the hashtag #ClarendonCares.
Local businesses participating are:
- Bakeshop (1025 N. Fillmore Street) will donate $1 for every Taro item purchased that day.
- Commonwealth Joe’s location at The Java Shack (2507 Franklin Road) is offering its special until June 25, where $2 from every Cáscara Fizz drink sold will be donated.
- Nicecream (2831 Clarendon Blvd)
- screwtop wine bar (1025 N. Fillmore Street)
- South Block (3011 11th Street N.)
— Alzheimer's AssocNCA (@AANCAC) June 5, 2017
This week’s Just Reduced includes a 4 BD/4.5 BA extensively renovated single family home.
The Arlington branch of the NAACP has come out in support of the county’s Missing Middle Housing Study draft framework.
Primary and urgent veterinary care clinic Bond Vet and dog daycare and boarding facility District Dogs are set to open locations in Clarendon in June. Both businesses are coming to…
A particularly sharp bend in the GW Parkway near Key Bridge has claimed another vehicular victim An SUV overturned in the southbound lanes around 1:15 p.m., blocking all lanes and…