Known as Clarendon Cares, participating businesses will offer special deals for the occasion and a portion of their proceeds will be donated to the Alzheimer’s Association. The fundraiser coincides with the association’s “Longest Day” event, which encourages people to give on the summer solstice.
Anyone who can’t make it to any of the participating businesses Wednesday can donate online to help the Alzheimer’s Association reach its goal of raising $5,000.
And those posting on social media that day are encouraged to use the hashtag #ClarendonCares.
Local businesses participating are:
- Bakeshop (1025 N. Fillmore Street) will donate $1 for every Taro item purchased that day.
- Commonwealth Joe’s location at The Java Shack (2507 Franklin Road) is offering its special until June 25, where $2 from every Cáscara Fizz drink sold will be donated.
- Nicecream (2831 Clarendon Blvd)
- screwtop wine bar (1025 N. Fillmore Street)
- South Block (3011 11th Street N.)
— Alzheimer's AssocNCA (@AANCAC) June 5, 2017
This post is exclusively for ARLnow Press Club members. Not a member? Join here. Members can sign in here.
If you’re thinking about purchasing an Electric Vehicle or would like to know more, stop by the Arlington Drive Electric event September 25 at Kenmore Middle School.
A group of Marines in their dress blue uniforms braved floodwaters along Columbia Pike to help a stranded motorist. Video of the rescue has gone viral on TikTok, racking up…
A nice late summer weekend is on tap as we start to dry out tonight after a soggy couple of days. Autumn officially begins on Wednesday, and the forecast currently…