Arlington County government offices will be closed on July 4 for the Independence Day holiday, as well as libraries and other facilities.
Metered parking will not be enforced July 4, but street parking near the Iwo Jima Memorial, Long Bridge Park and the Air Force Memorial will be restricted.
County courts and the DMV offices, including DMV Select, will be closed July 3-4.
6 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Memorial Bridge/Memorial Circle
1 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Marshall Drive from Route 110 to N. Meade Street
- N. Meade Street from 14th Street N. to Marshall Drive
3 p.m. to 11. p.m.
- Meade Street from Marshall Drive to Route 50 (access to the Fort Myer Heights neighborhood will be from the Rhodes Street bridge)
- Exit ramp from westbound Route 50 to N. Lynn Street (Rosslyn exit)
- Exit ramp from eastbound Route 50 to N. Meade Street (Rosslyn exit)
- Long Bridge Drive from Boundary Channel Drive to 10th Street S.
8:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Eastbound Route 50 at Washington Blvd. All traffic diverted from Route 50 on ramps to East and West Washington Blvd
- Eastbound 10th Street N. ramp to eastbound Route 50 will be closed, all traffic diverted to westbound Route 50
- N. Courthouse Road ramp to eastbound Route 50 will be closed, all traffic diverted to westbound Route 50 or 10th Street N.
- Traffic on Pershing Drive at Route 50 will only be allowed westbound
- Eastbound Fairfax Drive from N. Pierce Street to N. Fort Myer Drive
- Columbia Pike between S. Orme Street and S. Joyce Street
- S. Joyce Street between Army Navy Drive and Columbia Pike
Flickr pool photo by Ddimick
The police department is not the only county department with staffing reportedly in steep decline. The number of emergency behavioral health clinicians in the Department of Human Services is also…
For those who were up early enough to see it, Mother Nature gave autumn a grand entrance with this morning. The purple-and-pink sunrise, coming on the heels of Monday night’s…
As ARLnow reported, APS unveiled plummeting 2020-2021 SOL test scores just days before the academic year began. Virginia’s Superintendent of Public Instruction concluded that Virginia’s SOLs “tell us… students need to be in the classroom without disruption to learn effectively.”
A rainy night and morning are on tap for Arlington, leading the National Weather Service to issue a Flash Flood Watch. D.C., Alexandria and points north and west are also…