A 5K race and festival in memory of an Arlington mom killed by a passing truck while placing her children in a minivan will be held for the third time on Saturday.
The Jennifer Bush-Lawson Memorial 5K Race begins at 9 a.m. at the Knights of Columbus (5115 Little Falls Road). It will feature a 5K race, a kids’ fun run with Teddy, one of the Washington Nationals’ Racing Presidents, and a “Family Fun Day Festival.”
The family festival will live feature music from local band Gutterball Kingpin, as well as moon bounces, a rock climbing wall, obstacle course, in-line jumper, human hungry hippo, food trucks, a beer garden, corn hole, face painting, balloon animals and more.
The event benefits the Arlington Pediatric Center and the Virginia Hospital Center Outpatient Obstetrics Clinic, with a focus on prenatal and postnatal health services for underprivileged mothers and babies.
Police will close several roads to accommodate the event. Per the Arlington County Police Department:
The 3rd Annual Jennifer Bush-Lawson Memorial 5K Race will take place on Saturday, November 18, 2017. The Arlington County Police Department will conduct the following road closures from approximately 8:30 AM until 11:00 AM to accommodate this event:
- Little Falls Road: N. George Mason Drive to Yorktown Blvd.
- Yorktown Blvd.: N. George Mason Drive to Williamsburg Blvd.
- Williamsburg Blvd.: Yorktown Blvd. to N. Emerson Street
- 33rd Street: N. Emerson Street to N. George Mason Drive
- George Mason Drive: N. 33rd Street to Yorktown Blvd.
- Smaller closures exist within the race area