Catalytic converters were stolen from at least three vehicles parked in Arlington earlier this week.
The thefts were discovered by the vehicle owners Monday and reported to police. Among the locations where the cars were parked, according to police:
- LARCENY FROM AUTO, 2017-11270145, 200 block of N. Thomas Street
- LARCENY FROM AUTO, 2017-11270156, 2700 block of 16th Street S.
- LARCENY FROM AUTO, 2017-11270161, 1300 block of S. Cleveland Street
“There is no suspect description and the investigation is ongoing by our Auto Theft Unit,” said Arlington County Police Department spokeswoman Ashley Savage.
One of the victims told us that the pricey auto part was “hacked out from [our] undercarriages during the afternoon.”
Another resident told ARLnow.com that there was “suspicious activity” in the neighborhood.
“There had been other suspicious activity that day including and van and car with an individual inside each sitting with the car running until a resident came out and they both quickly pulled away,” the resident said.
Savage, however, noted that police had not received any reports of suspicious activity. In a statement, Savage and ACPD urged residents to call police when they see something suspicious.
Citizens are reminded to contact police immediately by calling the Emergency Communication Center at 703-558-2222 or 9-1-1 in an emergency, if they observe suspicious activity. Citizens are most well-acquainted with what activity may be suspicious in their neighborhoods and communities. When reporting suspicious individuals or vehicles to the Emergency Communication Center, the following information is helpful:
- Vehicle Descriptions – Make / Model / Color / License Plate Number / Last Known Location and Direction of Travel
- Subject Descriptions – Gender / Race / Height / Weight / Hair / Eyes / Clothing (Top to Bottom – Hats, Shirts, Pants, Shoes), Distinguishing Characteristics – Facial Hair, Jewelry, Scars, Marks, Tattoos, Distinctive Accent or Gait, Last Known Location and Direction / Method of Travel (Foot / Bike / Car / Metro / Bus)
(Updated 2:15 p.m.) Hundreds of students walked out of their classrooms this morning to take a stand against sexual assault and harassment in Arlington Public Schools. Walkouts were held from…
Included in this week’s Open Houses is a 5 BD/3 BA home with a finished dormer level, partially finished basement and hardwood floors.
Double, double toil and trouble; fillings stuffed in a crusty dough bubble. Rogi’s in Ballston has Halloween treats baked, like Hogwarts pierogies and black cauldron cake. Pierogi restaurant Rogi has launched…
Construction could start on the second phase of the Red Top Cab development in Clarendon within the next month or two. “We are hoping to start the project before the…