A smoldering pile of trash is currently blocking 1st Road S., two blocks from Thomas Jefferson Middle School.
The trash fire was first reported around 10:30 a.m., at the intersection of 1st Road and S. Oakland Street, on the west side of S. Glebe Road. A private garbage collection crew reported that it had dumped its load of trash in the road after the trash caught on fire.
Firefighters are currently dousing the trash pile with water while using tools to move the pile around to find hot spots.
After the fire is completely extinguished, the trash collection company is then expected to start the cleanup process.
Map via Google Maps