Two 5K races will be prompting road closures in parts of Arlington on Saturday morning.
The 2018 Bishop O’Connell 5K race will take place between 7:30-10:30 a.m. The following roads will be closed for the race, according to the Arlington County Police Department.
- Williamsburg Blvd. will be closed to eastbound traffic from N. Underwood St. to N. Sycamore St.
- Little Falls Rd. will be closed from Sycamore St. to Washington Blvd.
- 26th St. will be closed from N. Sycamore St. to Washington Blvd.
- Underwood St. will be closed from N. 24th St. to Williamsburg Blvd.
The 2018 Bunny Hop 5K race will take place from 7-10 a.m. For that race, ACPD said the following roads will be closed.
- Pershing Drive, from N. Highland Street to N. Oakland Street
- Irving Street, from N. 9th Road to N. 2nd Road
- Jackson Street, from Rt. 50 to N. 2nd Road
- Highland Street, from N. 9th Street to N. 9th Road
- 5th Street, from N. Irving Street to N. Oakland Street
- 9th Road, between N. Irving Street and N. Highland Street
- 9th Street, Between N. Irving Street and N. Highland Street
- 2nd Road, between N. Irving Street and N. Jackson Street
Part of the Bunny Hop 5K will run through the Columbia Gardens Cemetery. Visitors will be able to walk through the cemetery, but car traffic will be directed by race personnel. There will also be parking restrictions along N. Irving Street between 6th Street N. and 9th Road N..
For both races, residents will be escorted through traffic closures and are encouraged to park their cars in driveways to reduce road congestion.
Photos courtesy Arlington County