The annual Jamestown Elementary 5K race is taking place this weekend.
The race is scheduled for Saturday (May 5) and some roads will be closed from 7:30-9:30 a.m. as a result.
Here are the roadways that will be closed off, according to the Arlington County Police Department:
- The 3700 block of N. Delaware Street
- 36th Street N., between N. Dickerson Street and Williamsburg Boulevard
- N. Dickerson Street, from 36th Street N. to Old Dominion Drive
- Williamsburg Boulevard, between 33rd Road and 36th Street N.
- N. Delaware Street, between 35th Street and 36th Street N.
- N. Dinwiddie Street, between 35th Street and 36th Street N.
Where possible, ACPD is asking residents to park their cars in driveways. Neighborhood residents will be escorted by police through the affected areas of the race.
Additional road closures in the neighborhood could be added.
Screenshot via Google Maps
Amazon has announced four more local businesses that will open at the first phase of its HQ2, known as Metropolitan Park, in Pentagon City. HQ2 will be home to Arlington’s second…
Decal Fee Officially Dead — “Arlington County Board members on May 14 followed through on a promise made last month and eliminated the ‘decal fee’ that has been imposed for…
Just Reduced includes a 4 BD/2.5 BA brick home with a walk out basement and patio.
Update at 9:40 p.m. — All lanes have reopened, Arlington County says. Update at 6:40 p.m. — The southbound lanes have reopened but the northbound lanes are expected to remain…