Clarendon Day, one of Arlington’s oldest and largest street festivals, will return this Saturday (Sept. 22).
The event will dominate the heart of Clarendon’s main strip of businesses from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., offering all manner of exhibits, food, drinks and performers. The Clarendon Alliance, which organizes the event, is expecting as many as 20,000 attendees this year.
The fair will run rain or shine, and offer dozens of vendors, Virginia wine and beer and food booths from restaurants in Clarendon and elsewhere around Arlington, per its website.
Performers at the event’s two stages include:
- 11 a.m.-12 p.m. Ruepratt
- 12 p.m.-1 p.m. Soul Stew
- 1 p.m.-2 p.m. Calista Garcia
- 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Dave Kline Band
- 3 p.m.-4 p.m. SubRadio
- 4 p.m.-5 p.m. Fellowcraft
- 5 p.m.-6 p.m. Bushmaster featuring Gary Brown
- 12 p.m.-12:30 p.m. Adagio Dance Company
- 1 p.m.-2 p.m. Carley Harvey
- 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Ballet Nova
- 3 p.m.-4 p.m. Melissa Elizabeth Wright
- 4 p.m.-5 p.m. Jaleo Arte Flamenco
- 4:30 p.m.-5 p.m. O’Neill – James School of Irish Dancing
The Clarendon Day 5K and 10K races, backed by Pacers Running, will also return Saturday. The races are set to begin at 8 a.m.
Arlington police are warning of plenty of road closures associated with the race and the event itself. From 3 a.m. to 7 p.m. the following will be closed:
- Wilson Boulevard between Washington Boulevard and N. Garfield Street
- Clarendon Boulevard between Washington Boulevard and N. Garfield Street
- N. Highland Street between 11th Street N. and N. Hartford Street
And the race will prompt the following closures from around 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.:
- Wilson Boulevard, between N. Garfield Street and Route 110
- N. Kent Street, between Wilson Boulevard and 19th Street N.
- The entirety of Route 110 northbound, from Route 1 to Wilson Boulevard
Organizers recommend biking, walking or using public transit to reach the event to avoid those closures.
Looking for something to do this week in Arlington? Check out the following selections from our event calendar. If you’d like to see your event featured, fill out this form….
It’s a little less park-like than New York City’s High Line, but Arlington County has come up with a concept for new pedestrian bridge from Crystal City to National Airport….
Searching for a new place? Join the open house event at 1500 Arlington Apartments this Saturday.
Good news for coffee lovers who enjoy not taking extra steps to get their caffeine fix: Arlington’s lone drive-thru Starbucks is only closed temporarily. The cafe at 5515 Langston Blvd,…
INF Care Virtual Concierge is a new and inviting option to remote assistance that leverages the best of what technology should encompass with quality interaction.
For the busy individual that needs a way to reduce stress and tackle caring for an older family member that lives alone.
For the maturing adult that just needs help with everyday tedious tasks, connectivity, and access to data on their everyday habits to pinpoint areas that need more attention.
Looking for a more convenient way to work out?
On the Go Fitness Pro offers in home personal training. We bring the gym to you, so you can save time and skip the hassle of going to the gym. Plus, our trainers are certified and experienced, so you can be sure you’re getting the best possible workout.
We provide all the equipment needed for a great workout or we can use the equipment that you have.
Schedule a free consultation today and see how we can help you achieve your fitness goals.
Mini Family & Pet Photo Sessions
Beat the rush and sign up to get your holiday photos now!
Bring your kids! Bring your dogs!
Check out the DeSilva Studios website. Look at the images and see if you like them