(Updated at 10:45 a.m.) Firefighters have extinguished a blaze that started in a dryer at a Crystal City apartment complex this morning (Tuesday).
Crews were called to the 1600 block of S. Eads Street around 10:30 a.m. to respond to the fire.
Firefighters have since knocked the fire down, but are still working to determine the extent of the blaze, the fire department said.
The fire does not appear to have resulted in any injuries, but the department is still urging people to avoid the area while clean-up work continues.
#Update: Crews found dryer fire on 9th floor. Fire extinguished. No injuries reported. Most units going in service. Fire Marshal investigating. Continue to avoid the area while crews finish operations and pick up equipment.
— Arlington Fire (@ArlingtonVaFD) January 15, 2019
Photo via Google Maps
Tucked away in an Arlington County storage facility is a shattered Tiffany Studios stained glass window of Jesus Christ in the act of blessing those who gaze on him. For…
Dropping nearly 40 feet from a platform above, a climber cut the ribbon on the “finest ropes course in the Mid-Atlantic.” Located at Upton Hill Regional Park on Wilson Blvd…
(Updated at 1:45 p.m.) A man suffered injuries that are reported to be life-threatening after an on-the-job accident in the Old Glebe neighborhood. Police and medics were dispatched to a…
Included in the latest Open Houses is a 3 BD/2.5 BA brick townhome with a gas fireplace and two garage parking spaces.