It’s Friday, it’s pretty nice outside, it’s dog-walking time.
It’s also almost election time. Virginia’s primary elections are Tuesday, June 11 and Arlington has several candidates on the ballot this year. The race for commonwealth’s attorney has grown especially heated in recent weeks, raking in some serious campaign contributions and also sparking discussions about long-standing issues like how defense attorneys access criminal case documents.
For those looking for weekend activities, there’s a bevy of Pride-themed events, a discussion about the impacts of Amazon in local communities, and a “Rock-n-Recycle” festival where you can get a look for yourself at the composting process yours truly profiled.
And while you’re at it, feel free to check out some of our other articles you may have missed this week:
- Acme Puts the ‘Pie’ in Columbia Pike
- ‘Testy Fest’ Returning to Arlington
- A Hope for a Better Future at Lee Highway’s New UPS Store
- County, State Pitching in Millions for Veterans-Focused Affordable Housing Development
- County To Start Demolishing S. Clark Street Bridge Next Week
What is your plan for the weekend? And what was your favorite story from the past week? Let us know in the comments below.