The race will kick off at 8 a.m. at Christ Church of Arlington (3020 N. Pershing Drive) in Lyon Park. The church first organized the race in 2006.
This year, over 4,000 runners registered, selling out the race before online registration was scheduled to close.
“Over the course of 13 years, the Trot has generated nearly $800,000 to help Arlington County residents in need,” according to the race’s website.
The following roads will be closed from 6:30 a.m. until approximately 10 a.m., per a county press release:
- Pershing Drive from Washington Blvd. to N. Glebe Road
- N. Oxford Street from Pershing Drive to 5th Street N.
- 5th Street N. from N. Nelson St. to N. Oxford Street
- N. Nelson Street from Pershing Drive to 5th Street N.
- N. Highland Street from Pershing Drive. to 9th Street N.
- Washington Blvd. from 9th Street N. to Arlington Blvd. (eastbound lanes only)
- N. Fillmore Street from Washington Blvd. to 3rd Street N.
- 3rd Street N. from N. Fillmore Street to Washington Blvd.
- N. Bedford Street from Arlington Blvd. to Brookside Dr.
- N. Brookside Drive from N. Bedford Street to Washington Blvd.
Street parking will be restricted and temporary “no parking” signs will be placed along the route. All vehicles parked in violation of the signs will be ticketed and towed, according to Arlington County Police.