It was quite a week.
There was everything from breaking news, like the county finalizing a new jail medical provider after the latest inmate death, to helpful stories like where to stock up on Girl Scout cookies. And you all seemed particularly interested in stories about wayward poultry and an aggressive fox.
Here are the most-read Arlington articles of the past week.
- Rogue chicken caught sneaking around Pentagon entrance
- Crawfish eatery Chasin’ Tails is leaving Arlington for Falls Church
- Fox menaces Gulf Branch neighborhood, leading to rabies warning
- Another death reported at Arlington County jail
- Two arrested after assaults at Columbia Pike businesses over the weekend
- As the ranks of freelancers swell, the taxman cometh for those in Arlington
- Covid case counts decline to pre-Christmas levels in Arlington
- Arlington is phasing out EasyPark devices this month
- Girl Scouts bring back more in-person cookie sales, starting this week
- Clarendon salon launches gender-neutral pricing model
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a great weekend and stay warm, Arlington!
Update at 9:40 p.m. — All lanes have reopened, Arlington County says. Update at 6:40 p.m. — The southbound lanes have reopened but the northbound lanes are expected to remain…
Enjoy alpacas, farmers markets and more at the Loudoun County Spring Farm Tour May 21-22.
A local man raised nearly $2,000 holding a yard sale this past weekend to help children impacted by the war. Constantin a Ukrainian-American who lives in Arlington’s East Falls Church…
Cali is the newest Adoptable Pet of the Week who loves treats, watching Netflix and nose boops.