We’ll assume many of you are courting your sweethearts locally this weekend ahead of Valentine’s Day, based on poll results earlier this week about Arlington’s date spots.
Or maybe you’re venturing out with a light jacket to enjoy Saturday’s unseasonably tepid weather before we’re reminded it’s still February on Sunday with some snow possible — more likely to just be a coating than accumulation.
Now, here are the most-read Arlington articles of the past week.
- Anonymous threat prompts lockdown, evacuations at Yorktown High School
- Ballston cafe with an, ahem, unusual logo is now shuttered
- From the Pike to Dubai, Bob & Edith’s Diner wants to serve the world pancakes
- Arlington animal control disputes ‘deer problem’ raised in study
- An Arlington girls flag football team won an NFL championship this past weekend
- NEW: Bill making masks optional for students passes Va. Senate
- Morning Poll: Is Arlington becoming a better place to go out on dates?
- Long-vacant restaurant space near Clarendon to become a daycare facility
- Police make arrests after pair of weekend robberies in Crystal City
- Wine bar and restaurant Pirouette Cafe opening this summer in Ballston
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Enjoy the warm(er) weather, Arlington!
After a two-day glimpse of gorgeous weather that followed a longer stretch of terrible weather, a sunny-if-cool fall weekend is upon us. As you firm up your weekend plans, be…
They say baseball is a game of inches. Okay, maybe that’s football. But for one Arlington Little League team, this can be taken somewhat literally. The Athletics (A’s, for short)…
The annual Army Ten-Miler race will prompt numerous road closures in Arlington this weekend. Runners will zip through parts of Rosslyn, D.C. and Pentagon City, starting and finishing the race…
Open Houses includes a 4 BD/2.5 BA brick home with newly refinished floors, brick fireplace and detached garage.
Arlington kids can keep active this winter with Arlington County’s Department of Parks & Recreation’s Youth House Basketball League. Available for grades 1-12, this program begins in mid-November for grades 1-8 and early Jan. for grades 9-12 and costs between $75-90. Come join the fun! Sign up by Oct. 12*! Registration for grades 9-12 opens on Nov. 7. If the league fee is a factor to signing up, check out the Department’s fee reduction program, which helps Everyone, Everywhere, Every Day! Access for All. Easy to apply! Whether you have a short-term set back or something longer-term. Learn more at parks.arlingtonva.us/fee-reductions or call 703-228-4747.
Join Us on Monday, October 17, 2022, for our General Membership Meeting & Arlington County Candidate Forum led by the NAACP Arlington Branch Political Action Committee
Time: 7:00-9:00 pm
Location: Virtual on Zoom
Mini Family & Pet Photo Sessions
Beat the rush and sign up to get your holiday photos now!
Bring your kids! Bring your dogs!
Check out the DeSilva Studios website. Look at the images and see if you like them