It seems spring weather may be here to stay — just in time for the first day of (astronomical) spring this Sunday.
After strong winds and snow last weekend, daytime temperatures have been mostly in the upper 50s, 60s and 70s each day this week. Those temps will continue through Tuesday, before some rain is expected, according to the National Weather Service.
Now, here are the most-read Arlington articles of the past week.
- Convoy honking horns, jamming up NB I-395 near Pentagon City
- Police investigating possible shooting near Ballston
- Storm brings strong winds, drops just over an inch of snow on Arlington
- Two women are on a quest to map every racially restrictive property deed in Arlington
- Morning Poll: Automated noise enforcement in Arlington?
- Rosslyn CVS to close after more than two decades inside of 1100 Wilson Blvd
- Four Mile Run to be dredged in $5M project to alleviate potential flooding
- Police investigating shots fired near Columbia Pike last night
- Local officials warn of impacts from upcoming, months-long Yellow Line shutdown
- Updates to Clarendon’s development plan head to County Board
Feel free to discuss these stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Enjoy the weekend, Arlington!
After several years of relatively meager winters, could this upcoming season have a big snowstorm on tap for us? There’s some early suggestion of an elevated chance of large coastal…
Free Pantry Being Removed — “After more than three years, a food pantry in Arlington County is closing and food-insecure families who take advantage of it say they only received…
Good Thursday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
A look at the smallest and largest homes sold in Arlington last month, August 2023.
At Generation Hope, we’re dedicated to supporting teen parents in college as they work toward earning their degrees. We are in need of caring child care volunteers for upcoming events on Saturday, October 21st (in Washington, DC), and Saturday, November 4th (in Arlington, VA). Join our growing volunteer community and support us at an event this fall!
At all of our events, we provide free onsite child care for the children of the teen parents we serve, creating a nurturing environment for the kiddos while their parents learn valuable life skills and build community.
If you enjoy working with children and are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, please visit https://www.generationhope.org/volunteer to learn more.
Join us for Arlington’s biggest civil rights & social justice event of the year. The banquet is back in person at the Arlington Campus of George Mason University.
Our keynote speaker this year is Symone Sanders from MSNBC and former Chief of Staff for Vice-President Kamala Harris.
The Master of Ceremonies is Joshua Cole, former state delegate, NAACP President, and local pastor.
Tickets/seating are limited. Purchase your ticket today! Sponsorship opportunities available.
Join the Rosslyn BID for Fall Fest on Saturday, Oct. 14, from 1-6 p.m. at Gateway Park! Whether you’re in the mood for a refreshment at our hard cider tastings and cash bar, want a bite to eat from the