Happy Earth Day!
In addition to the Earth Day Every Day Festival this weekend, there are several cleanups and recycling events to get your green points, including at Bon Air Park from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday and on the W&OD Trail from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Now, here are the most-read Arlington articles of the past week.
- Several large, public events will prompt road closures in Arlington this weekend
- Arlington man builds rest area for weary walkers and cyclists atop steep hill
- Balloons caused large power outage in Arlington
- Farmbird in Ballston is closed and it’s unclear whether it will reopen
- The $15 million Jennie Dean Park renovation is almost complete
- UnCommon Luncheonette in Clarendon preparing to open next week, sans dinner
- Animal control investigating after crow shot with blow dart in Fairlington
- Meet two of Arlington’s first female Eagle Scouts
- Another $140,000 is needed for Gunston Bubble project due to ‘unsuitable soil conditions’
- Morning Poll: Mask mandate dropped on Metro, flights
Feel free to discuss these stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Enjoy the weekend, Arlington!
Tour Country Club Hills to discover its lush herbage, mature trees, and the Victorian and frame houses of the area in Neighborhood Spotlight.
A soggy weekend is on tap after an otherwise pretty nice final week of September. Obviously this week’s big story was the devastation in Florida, the huge scale of which…
Share your input on the Arlington Forestry and Natural Resources Plan by October 3.
A proposed bridge for bicyclists and pedestrians between Crystal City and the Southwest Waterfront area of D.C. has received $20 million in federal funding to move forward. When complete, the…
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Join us as we explore Vini Franchetti & their two sister vineyards Passopisciaro (Sicily) and Vini Franchetti (Tuscany) for our Sicily/Tuscany Wine Dinner!
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 6pm
Special Guest: This wine dinner we will be hosting the wine maker