We hope you had a great April and have some plans to ring in a new month this weekend.
There was plenty to talk about over the last 30 days.
This week’s number one story, about an FBI operation, was also the top story for the whole month of April. Coming in second, we wrote a story about a woman who pepper sprayed a man for taking photos of children — he turned out to be their dad. The third story you guys were most interested in this month was on SOJA, a band that formed in Arlington, winning a Grammy award.
Now, here are the most-read Arlington articles of the past week.
- There was an FBI operation on Columbia Pike this morning
- West Glebe Road bridge to completely close in two weeks
- Atilla’s is closing next month after almost five decades on Columbia Pike
- Two arrested after gunfire in D.C. leads to brief chase in Arlington
- Arlington is getting its own pride festival this summer
- Arlington ultramarathoner Michael Wardian is now running clear across the U.S.
- Police planning targeted traffic enforcement in Rosslyn tomorrow
- AWLA warns about potentially rabid fox
- New Chipotle opening today in Clarendon
- County Board unanimously approves Phase 2 of Amazon’s HQ2
Feel free to discuss these stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Enjoy the weekend, Arlington!
High school football season is in play, but this year, fewer students in Arlington Public Schools will be in the stands cheering on their friends. That is because Arlington County…
With a full service shop, Car Care To Go does everything from oil changes to brake replacements with free valet.
In a bid to generate more visitors, Arlington Arts Center has renamed itself the Museum of Contemporary Art Arlington. The non-profit arts organization at 3550 Wilson Blvd in the Virginia…
Wireless services provider Federated Wireless is moving its headquarters from Ballston to Crystal City and is bringing private 5G to the area with help from developer JBG Smith.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved. Join ACFCU for our Homebuying