Happy Memorial Day weekend, Arlington.
We hope you’re able to get some rest and reflection in after this long week. Once we push past some rain this evening, it’s looking like sunny skies, high temps and grilling weather through Monday.
Now, here are the most-read Arlington articles of the past week.
- Thousands without power in Arlington after strong storms roll through
- First case of monkeypox reported in N. Va.
- Greek restaurant Our Mom Eugenia to open in Shirlington, aiming for fall
- Republicans nominate Arlington resident as 8th Congressional District candidate
- Massive ‘Pike’ sculpture is being installed this week near the county border
- Smash and grab theft at Pentagon City mall jewelry store
- Taqueria el Poblano staying open through the summer, now set to close in August
- Police: Parking aide assaulted, more cars broken into
- ACPD stepping up patrols of schools in wake of Texas shooting, Alexandria stabbing
- Arlington now under Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Feel free to discuss these stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Enjoy the weekend, Arlington!
As Arlington County continues collecting feedback on the preliminary concept plan to turn Langston Blvd into a “Green Main Street” over several decades, a few disagreements have emerged. Some say…
RSVP to learn about the Forestry and Natural Resources Plan during the virtual open house tomorrow at 7 p.m.
Within the first five minutes of Netflix’s new series Partner Track, Arlington native and Yorktown High School graduate Alexandra Turshen already has her “boss” moment by telling the new paralegal…
The Arlington Art Truck is back this fall starting October 1 with an exhibit focused on Arlington’s birds.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved. Join ACFCU for our Homebuying