It’s been a bear-y interesting week in Arlington.
Two of the stories that most interested ARLnow readers, as of noon today, featured a roaming bear.
Local officials have been tight-lipped on the animal’s most recent sightings, as they’ve urged residents to keep their distance. The Animal Welfare League of Arlington has also asked residents to secure garbage, compost piles and pet food, take down bird feeders and clean up porches and decks.
Now, here are the most-read Arlington articles of the past week.
- Bear spotted casually walking around Arlington today
- Arlington scores another major corporate headquarters
- Online fundraiser underway for woman pushed out of SUV near Ballston
- Police nab kid who was allegedly breaking into cars
- The Maywood bear may still be roaming around Arlington
- Large gas line struck in Courthouse
- Crumbl Cookies appears to be coming to the Lee Harrison Shopping Center
- Lubber Run summer shows to start on Friday
- New Amazon grocery store to open ‘in the coming weeks’
- Another eyeglass store robbed, this time in Ballston
Feel free to discuss these stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Enjoy the weekend, Arlington!
The week started as summer and is ending, unmistakably, as fall. On the plus side, we have a stretch of crisp, sunny days ahead, with the exception of some rain…
A 5 BD/2 BA home with a light-filled den and screened back porch is included in Open Houses.
Early voting got off to a muted start today (Thursday) at the Arlington County government headquarters in Courthouse. “We had a line of five voters when we opened at 8…
Wakefield High School and Claremont Elementary School were secured today in response to reports of gunfire in nearby Bailey’s Crossroads.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved. Join ACFCU for our Homebuying