There are plenty of reasons to celebrate this weekend.
The Columbia Pike Blues Festival is back. For many, it’s a three-day weekend for the Juneteenth federal holiday, and Sunday marks Father’s Day.
That’s in addition to county facility closures for Juneteenth on Sunday and Monday.
Now, here are the most-read Arlington articles of the past week.
- Police searching for suspect after serious stabbing in Crystal City area
- ACPD investigating possible abduction attempt at gas station
- Merlene drops bid for office after buying house in more affordable part of Arlington
- Bar Ivy opens in Clarendon, with grand opening planned later this month
- Man charged with trying to break into middle school during lockdown
- Camaro driver dies after early morning wreck on I-395
- JUST IN: Smoke shop employee found not guilty in shooting case
- County Board to consider fee for using county’s electric vehicle charging stations
- ‘Like a puzzle piece fit’ — Arlingtonian finds her father through ancestry test
- Nats pitcher Sean Doolittle to read to children at Arlington Central Library
Feel free to discuss these stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Enjoy the weekend, Arlington!
Good Thursday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
A look at the smallest and largest homes sold in Arlington last month, January 2024.
A proposed county contract aims to incentivize Arlington residents to resume buying as many solar panels as they once did. The Arlington County Board on Saturday is set to consider…
Join us for Arlington’s 30th annual Feel the Heritage Festival taking place at Charles Drew Community Center this Saturday, February 24, from noon to 5 p.m. This cherished annual event unites…
🎉 Tonight, we invite you to the French Riviera, one of the most exciting places on earth – without ever boarding a plane! And celebrate Mardi Gras and the Carnival of Nice on French soil as we welcome you to a special evening at the Embassy of France!
From the elegance of classical French culture to the most celebrated Rivera nightlife of the 21st Century, experience a special evening of fantastic French food, wine, music, and ambiance.
Enjoy the flavors of Nice, Monaco, and St. Tropez in the beautiful and festive Maison Francaise at the French Embassy.
🍽️ On the Menu: Delicious French food
Virginia’s Importance in the Upcoming Election
General Membership Meeting
Rev. Cozy E. Bailey, Sr.
The third program in our Science Meets Judaism series brings together Kol Ami member Jeremy Epstein, Assistant Director for Technologies and Privacy at the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, and Dr. Rebecca Epstein-Levi, Assistant Professor of Jewish
Friday, March 8
8pm (Doors open at 7)
Crystal City Sports Pub – 3rd Floor Lounge
Come early for full Dinner and Drink Service!