Arlington County snow crews continue to work around the clock, focusing their efforts on main roads and emergency routes. The county says crews will not reach most neighborhood roads until Monday.
Here’s a list of safety guidelines from the county’s press release.
- Hunker down. Stay off the roads and at home if at all possible.
- Wear light-reflective clothing if you are walking.
- If you must walk in the street, walk along the sides of the roads, not in the middle. Watch for emergency vehicles, snow plows.
- Shovel your driveways, walkways, and the sidewalks in front of your property – make sure fire hydrants are cleared of snow.
- If you have a downed tree blocking a road or on a power line, call 703-228-2222.
Did you know the Arlington Public Library lets you borrow free energy efficiency tools? The latest Rethink Energy shares the details.
President Joe Biden paid a visit to Arlington and the recently-renovated Lubber Run Park, in support of Democrat Terry McAuliffe’s Virginia gubernatorial bid.
With one month to go before school starts, parents are being urged to enroll their kids in some Arlington public schools amid a continued drop in enrollment. Screenshots and emails…
When Marjorie Tarantino was closing on the purchase of her townhouse this spring, she learned there were problems with the deck. Tarantino had bought a property in the Richard Bassett…