Taste of Arlington hits the streets of Ballston on Sunday and police are planning a series of street closures to accommodate the event.
Among the closures, as announced by Arlington County Police:
- Wilson Blvd will be closed eastbound at Glebe Rd. Eastbound traffic will be diverted south on Glebe Rd.
- Wilson Blvd will be closed westbound at N Randolph St (north and south bound Randolph will remain open)
- N. Stuart Street will be closed between N. 9th Street and Wilson Blvd. Buses will be allowed on N. Stuart St. between Fairfax Drive and N. 9th Street.
- North 9th Street will remain open to METRO BUS TRAFFIC only between North Stafford and North Stuart Street.
- All traffic coming southbound on N. Taylor St. from Fairfax Drive will be forced to go westbound at Wilson Blvd.
- Access to the Macy’s parking spaces at 4300 Wilson will be via N. Glebe Road only.
With warm and sunny weather in the forecast, organizers are expecting a crowd of more than 10,000 for the annual food festival — Arlington’s largest. Tickets are still on sale online for 20 percent off the walk-up price.
In addition to food from more than 30 Arlington restaurants and vendors, as well as a selection of craft beers, a number of local musical acts are scheduled to perform at the event, which will take place from noon to 5:00 p.m.